Legal Articles
Wrongful Termination
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Colorado Wrongful Termination

If you work in Colorado, chances are good that you're what is known as an at-will employee. The good news is that you're free to quit your job at any time. The bad news is that your employer can let you go at any time, for almost any reason. But there are some cases where it's illegal for your employer to fire you. If you think you've been fired for one of these illegal reasons, contact a wrongful termination attorney or employment lawyer immediately. You may be entitled to compensation and job reinstatement.

Are You a Victim of Wrongful Termination?

When is a layoff or firing illegal? You may be a victim of wrongful termination if:

  • You've been terminated for discriminatory reasons
  • You have a written employment contract or implied contract with your employer, or if you're covered by a union collective bargaining agreement
  • Your employer terminated you because you did something allowed by law, such as filing a workers' compensation claim, whistleblowing or serving jury duty

If you think your employer fired you for an illegal reason, talk to a wrongful termination lawyer as soon as possible. Your legal options will depend on the specific circumstances of your dismissal. For example, if your termination was a result of discrimination, you can file a claim with the Colorado Civil Rights Division or U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. If you were let go in violation of an employment contract, you may be able to sue your former employer in civil court or resolve the dispute through arbitration or mediation. Your employment attorney can help you pursue the appropriate legal resolution.

Find & Hire Local Colorado Wrongful Termination Attorneys

Whether you live in Denver, Aurora or elsewhere in Colorado, offers a free service that can help you quickly locate wrongful termination lawyers in your area. Call us today at 877-913-7222 or complete the form on this page to get connected with a local lawyer.