Legal Articles
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Missouri Visas

Travelers from outside the United States visit Missouri for many reasons. The state's farm industry attracts seasonal workers. Missouri's universities attract students from around the world. If you want to visit the state from another country, you might need a visa. A Missouri visa attorney is a professional who has studied travel and immigration laws. Your lawyer can answer questions you have about visiting or living in Missouri.

What Is a Visa?

A visa is a legal document that allows non-residents to travel, attend school, work, or reside in the U.S. In most cases, you need a visa before entering the country.

Visas are generally issued at a U.S. consulate or embassy in your home country. There are many different types of visas. The visa you are issued depends on your reasons for travel.

What Visa Do I Need?

At least 20 types of visas are available. They include both immigrant and non-immigrant visas. A non-immigrant visa limits how long you can stay in the country and what you can do here.


The purpose of your trip determines the type of visa you need. Some common Missouri non-immigrant visas include:

  • B-1 for business travelers.
  • B-2 for tourists.
  • H-2A for seasonal farm workers.
  • F-1 for academic college and high school students.

In most cases, you will need a visa to stay in the U.S. more than 90 days. Some visitors might be able to get a visa waiver for a shorter stay. Your passport, country of origin, and reasons for travel impact whether you need a visa.

Locate a Local Missouri Visa Lawyer Today

Travel and immigration issues can be complicated, especially for those in unfamiliar territory. A Missouri visa attorney can help if you have questions or your visa is challenged. Call now to speak with a visa attorney in Missouri at 877-913-7222.