Legal Articles
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Minnesota Visas

To move to the United States, you need a visa. To visit family or go to school in America, you may need a temporary visa.  Visas are available for other reasons, too. In some cases, you may not need a visa. The United States lets some people visit for 90 days or less without one.

Visa Eligibility and Problems

Some people are not eligible for visas. They include:

  • Criminals
  • Those involved with terrorism
  • People without enough money to live on
  • Those who lie about why they want to come here

Sometimes, people worry about being sent home. Unless you are here illegally or commit a serious crime, you should be fine. It is important to follow immigration rules. If you break the rules, you can get in trouble. A lawyer can help you if you get worried.

Do You Need a Student Visa?

Student visas are for people who want to study here. Your school can tell you what kind of visa you need. The State Department has information on exchange visas.

To get a student visa, you must:

  • Prove you have enough money to live on.
  • Know you may not be able to work.
  • Take a certain number of courses.

Your school can tell you all you need to know.

Family Visas in Minnesota

Some people want to move near family that is already in Minnesota. The United States allows plenty of visas for immediate family members. Only a small number of other kinds of visas are available each year.

You cannot get a visa in one or two days. It can take a long time, so you should plan ahead.

Locate a Local Minnesota Visa Lawyer Today

To avoid trouble with immigration, work with a Minnesota visa lawyer. Call now to speak with an immigration attorney in Minnesota at 877-913-7222.