Legal Articles
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Maine Visas

Sandy beaches and rich New England history make Maine a unique place to travel. But if you are coming from outside the United States, chances are you will need a visa. There are many types of visas. And there are different rules for each type. If you have questions, a Maine visa attorney can help you find answers.

What Is a Visa?

Visas and other documents can be confusing, especially in an unfamiliar country. A visa is a legal document issued by the nation you are visiting. It allows a non-resident to stay for a certain amount of time. Visas are issued to people working, attending school, or traveling in the United States.

You generally get a visa in your home country. In most countries, you get a visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.

Types of Visas

There are more than 20 types of visas issued in the United States:

  • Business visa, or B-1, is for people doing business in the United States.
  • Agricultural work visa, or H-2A, is for temporary farm workers.
  • Tourism visa, or B-2,  is for leisure travelers.
  • Student visa, or F-1, is for students taking for-credit courses at recognized schools or colleges.
  • Non-academic student visa, or M-2, is for vocational or other students.

The visa you get reflects what you will be doing in the country. It is important to get the right visa for your intended purpose.

When Do I need a Visa?

In many cases, you will a visa if you will be in the U.S. for 90 days or more. You might a visa for a shorter trip depending on your passport and country of origin.

Locate a Local Maine Visa Attorney Today

Have questions or concerns about visas? A Maine visa lawyer can fill you in on travel and immigration laws or help you if your visa is challenged. Call now to speak with a visa attorney in Maine at 877-913-7222.