Legal Articles
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Kansas Visas

Kansas visitors from abroad might need a visa to enter the U.S. This is especially true if they plan to stay for an extended period of time. A Kansas visa attorney is an expert on state and federal travel and immigration rules. Your lawyer can likely help you if you have questions about your visa.

What Is a Visa?

A visa is a government-issued document that allows non-residents to travel, work, attend school, or reside in the U.S. In many cases, you need to get a visa before entering the country.

Visas are generally issued at the U.S. consulate or embassy in your home country. There are many different types of visas. The visa you are issued depends on your reasons for travel.

What Visa Do I Need?

There are more than 20 types of visas available to those visiting the U.S. Keep in mind the purpose of your trip determines the type of visa you need. Some of the more common visas Kansas visitors might get include:

  • B-1 for business travelers.
  • B-2 for leisure travelers.
  • H-2A for seasonal farm workers.
  • F-1 for academic college and high school students.
  •  M-2 for vocational or non-academic students.
  • J-1 for visiting medical professionals.

The visa you are issued must match your reasons for travel. A Kansas visa attorney can help if you have questions or your visa is challenged.

When Do I Need a Visa?

In most cases, you need a visa if you plan to stay in the U.S. 90 days or longer. Some travelers might need a visa for shorter trips, too.

Locate a Local Kansas Visa Lawyer Today

Travel and immigration issues can be confusing, especially in a new country. A Kansas visa attorney can answer your questions and help if your visa is challenged. Call now to speak with a visa attorney in Kansas at 877-913-7222.