Legal Articles
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Iowa Visas

People from all over the world visit Iowa for many reasons. Some come for work. Some come for school. Some might even come just to have fun. If you are planning a trip to Iowa from outside the United States, you might need a visa. An Iowa visa attorney can answer questions about traveling and working abroad.

Iowa Visa Basics

A visa is a government document that allows non-residents to travel, work, attend school, or reside in the United States for a certain period.

Most of the time, you will need to get a visa before entering the country. You can apply for a visa at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy office in your home country. Either office can provide more information about obtaining a visa.

Types of Visas

The United States issues more than 20 types of visas.

There are immigrant and non-immigrant categories. Any visa with a letter is a non-immigrant visa. That means the holder is restricted on what he or she can do in the United States. It also dictates how long he or she can stay in the country.

Common visa types include:

  • A business visa, or B-1, is for people doing business in the U.S.
  • A tourism visa, or B-2, is issued to leisure travelers.
  • Agricultural work visas, or H-2A, are for temporary farm workers.
  • Student visas, or F-1, enable students to take for-credit courses at recognized schools or colleges.

The visa you obtain reflects what you will be doing in the country. Your visa should match your objectives. In most cases, you need to get a visa if you will be in the United States for more than 90 days

Locate a Local Iowa Visa Attorney Today

Have questions about getting a visa? An Iowa visa lawyer can help. He or she can fill you in on travel and immigration laws. A lawyer can also help you if your visa is challenged. Call now to speak with a visa attorney in Iowa at 877-913-7222.