Legal Articles
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Indiana Visas

If you are coming to the United States for school or work, chances are you need a visa. An Indiana visa attorney knows the federal guidelines for immigration and can help if you have questions.

Indiana Visa Basics

In most cases, you need to get a visa before entering the country. You can apply for a visa at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy office in your home country. You will go through interviews and security checks before your visa is issued. This can take some time. Plan for delays.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate has more information about obtaining a visa.

Types of Visas

More than 20 types of visas are issued in the U.S. Visas are divided into immigrant and non-immigrant categories. That means there are restrictions on what the holder can do in the U.S. It also dictates the duration of the stay. Any visa with a letter is a non-immigrant visa.

The most common types of visas issued to travelers to Indiana might include:

  • Business visa, or B-1, issued to people doing business in the U.S.
  • Tourism visa, or B-2, issued to leisure travelers.
  • Agricultural work visa, or H-2A, issued to temporary farm workers.
  • Student visa, or F-1, issued to students taking for-credit courses at recognized schools.
  • Student spouse visa, or F-2, issued to the spouse and family of those with an F-1 visa.
  • Non-academic student visa, or M-2, issued to vocational or other students.

The visa you obtain reflects the purpose of your visit. It is important that your visa match your objectives.

Locate a Local Indiana Visa Lawyer Today

If you have questions about your visa, an Indiana visa lawyer has answers. He or she can fill you in on travel and immigration laws. An attorney can help you if your visa is challenged. Call now to speak with a visa attorney in Indiana at 877-913-7222.