Legal Articles
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Delaware Visas

If you would like to study in the U.S., you will need a student visa. Find out more about the two types of visas available to foreign students. Also learn about the application process. You might want help from a Delaware visa lawyer

Student Visas

The type of student visa you request depends on your plan of study. You need either an F-1 visa or M-1 visa. An F-1 visa is for:

  • Private elementary school
  • High school
  • University or college
  • Seminary
  • Conservatory
  • Other academic institution, including a language-training program

You need an M-1 visa to attend a vocational school in the U.S. Both visas require you to be admitted to a school approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program. A form from the program is part of the visa request process. Also expect to interview at your local embassy or consulate if you are age 14 through 79. You will also get fingerprints taken.

You may study for a short time on a visitor visa. You cannot get any academic credit. 

When to Hire a Visa Attorney

If you plan to study in Delaware or you are helping a student get a visa, a legal pro can offer advice. Immigration law gets more complex every day. Students must follow current procedures. A lawyer can also help get visas for a spouse or child.

Locate a Local Delaware Visa Lawyer Today

Many foreigners study in the U.S. A legal pro can help you, too. He or she can help with renewing visas as well. If you stay in the U.S. on an expired student visa, it may hurt you. You may not be able to get another student visa. Call now to speak with a visa attorney in Delaware at 877-913-7222.