Legal Articles
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Arkansas Visas

Farming is a big deal in Arkansas—not just locally, but globally too. The Natural State exports crops such as rice and corn. It also relies on seasonal workers to help get the job done. Many of Arkansas' farm workers are immigrants who enter the country with work visas. If you have questions about travel or work visas, an Arkansas visa attorney has answers.

What Is a Visa?

A visa is a special legal document that allows non-U.S. residents to travel, work, attend school, or reside in the country for a certain time period.

Most times, you need a visa before you enter the country. You can get a visa at the U.S. embassy in your country of residence. This means a seasonal farm worker would obtain a visa before leaving home.

Do You Need a Visa?

Most of the time, a visa is required if you will be in the country for more than 90 days.

The type of passport and your country of origin can factor in whether you need a visa, too. The Visa Waiver Program allows residents of 27 countries with machine-readable passports to visit the United States for 90 days without a visa. Arkansas's J-1 Visa Waiver program allows up to 30 doctors to enter the state each year without a visa.

What Type of Visa Do You Need?

The United States issues more than 20 different visas. Some are more common than others:

  • H-2A is issued to temporary farm workers.
  • B-1 is issued to people doing business in the United States.
  • B-2 is issued to leisure travelers.
  • F-1 is issued to students taking for-credit courses at recognized schools or colleges.
  • M-2 is issued to vocational or other students.

The visa you need is related to what you intend to do in the country you visit. It is important to get the right visa for your plans.

Locate a Local Arkansas Visa Attorney Today

Travel and immigration laws can be confusing, especially in a different county. If you have questions about a visa, an Arkansas visa lawyer likely has the answers you need. Call now to speak with a visa attorney in Arkansas at 877-913-7222.