Legal Articles
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Alabama Visas

Alabama's economy thrives on manufacturing and farming, two fields that attract workers from around the world. If you are from outside the U.S., you might need a visa to work in Alabama. But travel and immigration laws can make working in a new country tricky. If you have questions, an Alabama visa attorney likely has the answers.

Visa Basics Explained

A visa is a legal document that lets those who are not U.S. citizens work, attend school, or travel in the U.S. Generally, you must obtain a visa before you enter the country. 

When Do I Need a Visa?

In many cases, a visa is required if you intend to stay in the country more than 90 days. Some people need visas for shorter stays, too. The type of passport you have can determine if you need a visa. The Visa Waiver Program lets citizens of some countries visit the U.S. for up to 90 days without a visa. A machine-readable passport is required for this program.

How Many Types of Visas Are There?

The U.S. issues more than 20 types of visas. Visitors to Alabama might have these visas:

  • B-1 business visa for business workers.
  • H-2A agricultural work visa for seasonal workers.
  • B-2 tourism visa for leisure travelers.
  • F-1 student visa for students taking academic college or high school classes.
  • M-2 nonacademic student visa for vocational students.

The visa you need is related to what you will do in Alabama. It is important to get the right visa for your plans.

Locate a Local Alabama Visa Lawyer Today

Travel and immigration laws can be confusing. If you have questions, an Alabama visa lawyer likely has the answers you need. Call now to speak with a visa attorney in Alabama at 877-913-7222.