Legal Articles
Slip and Fall Injury
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Slip and Fall Injuries in West Virginia

West Virginia real estate owners and their tenants have a legal obligation to address property hazards that could injury visitors. Similarly, visitors have a responsibility to pay attention to where they're walking and avoid spots that might lead to an accident. If, despite your best efforts, you've been injured in a slip and fall accident on someone else's property, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. Talk to a slip and fall lawyer to learn whether you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.

Basics of West Virginia Personal Injury Law

Slip and fall injury lawsuits are decided under West Virginia negligence and personal injury laws. To be successful, you must prove:

  • The real estate owner or tenant should have known about the hazard and taken more steps to prevent people from being injured
  • You were being careful while walking on a dangerous surface
  • You were injured in a slip or trip and fall accident
  • Those injuries cost you money

If your personal injury claim is successful, you can recover money know as damages. Damages are compensation for your injury-related expenses, such as medical bills, lost wages, damaged or destroyed property, pain and suffering.

Under West Virginia law, you have two years from the date of your injury to file a slip and fall lawsuit against the property owner or tenant. (This time limit is known as the statute of limitations.)

Find & Hire a Local West Virginia Slip & Fall Attorney

If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, you must act quickly to hire slip and fall lawyers and file a lawsuit. Need help locating an attorney in your area? Good news—you've come to the right website. Whether you live in Charleston, Huntington or elsewhere in West Virginia,'s free lawyer referral service can quickly connect you with lawyers in your area. To get started, fill out the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222.