Legal Articles
Mortgage Law, Fraud & Loan Modification
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Loan Modification in Washington

Having trouble making your mortgage payments? Before you lose your home to foreclosure or let it go in a short sale, consider asking the bank to modify your mortgage. A Washington State loan modification attorney can guide you through the process.

Washington State Loan Modification Basics

When a bank modifies a loan, it's agreeing to change some element of the underlying loan agreement. The bank may:

  • Lower the interest rate
  • Forgive, or write off, some of the principal you owe
  • Extend the length of the loan

The end result: Lower monthly payments.

You might be a good candidate for a mortgage modification if you can't refinance your loan, you're struggling to make your loan payments or if your home is "under water," or worth less than the value of your loan.  Learn more about where to get help for loan modifications.

Reasons to Hire a Washington State Mortgage Modification Attorney

You're not legally required to use an attorney for the mortgage modification process, but it's strongly recommended.

Your Washington State loan modification lawyer can review the specifics of your situation to let you know if a loan modification is your best option. Alternative solutions might include:

Using a Washington mortgage modification lawyer can also help keep you from becoming the victim of a loan modification or foreclosure rescue scam. The fraudsters who run these cons will make big promises, but can cost you time, money and even your home.

Find & Hire a Washington State Loan Modification Lawyer

If you're ready to put your mortgage problems behind you, then it's time to start talking to Washington State loan modification lawyers. And can help you.

We offer a free service that can quickly connect you with Washington State mortgage modification attorneys in your area. To get started, call us at 877-913-7222 or fill out the form on this page. We'll match you with an attorney in your area so you can start the process of getting a mortgage modification.