Legal Articles
Child Custody
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Child Custody in Oklahoma

Raising a child isn't easy—and it often gets more complicated when parents split up. If you and your minor child's other parent are no longer a couple, then you'll have to reach some important decisions about how to raise your child. You might each want to be represented by an Oklahoma child custody lawyer.

When Should You Hire a Child Custody Attorney?

There are a number of ways that child custody attorneys can help Oklahoma parents who are dealing with custody issues. You should hire a lawyer if:

  • You never wed your child's other parent and you now want to establish paternity of your child
  • Both parents cannot agree on how physical custody of the child should be handled
  • Your child's other parent has filed a petition for custody with the Oklahoma District Court
  • You have a custody order and visitation plan but need to enforce the visitation rights
  • One or both parents want to modify the custody arrangement, visitation schedule or child support order
  • You need help getting a child support order or enforcing an existing order

Find & Hire a Local Oklahoma Child Custody Attorney

Whether you live in Tulsa or Norman, Oklahoma City or elsewhere in the state, can help you find a local family law lawyer to help with child custody, child support, paternity and visitation issues. To use our free service, call us at 877-913-7222 or complete the form on this page.