How to Hire a Philadelphia Workers' Compensation Attorney
If you’ve been injured on the job, Philadelphia workers’ compensation is there to help with your recovery. A Philadelphia workers’ compensation attorney can assist you with every step of your workers' comp claim, whether you’re stuck in the system or just need help getting started.
Though you may not be familiar with the process of hiring an attorney, it’s not difficult once you know how to begin. Here are the first steps in hiring a lawyer.
Finding a Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Attorney
There are good lawyers to be found across the Philadelphia area, from Chester to Eddington and beyond. Chances are that someone you know has used an attorney for a Philadelphia workers’ compensation insurance claim. Ask your family, friends and coworkers if they’ve used an attorney whom they’d recommend. If they have, get the attorney’s contact information, and ask a few more questions. How well did the attorney handle their claim? Were they happy with the outcome? Would they hire the attorney again?
If you need additional recommendations or would prefer to keep your case private, Attorneys.com can help. It’s a free, quick and confidential service that’s as close as your computer or phone. Just fill out the online form at Attorneys.com, or call 1-877-913-7222. Answer a few simple questions, and we will put you in touch with at least one Philadelphia workers' compensation lawyer near you. You’ll get a call within two business days, or you can call the lawyer directly at your convenience.
Interviewing an Attorney
Before you hire a Philadelphia workers’ compensation attorney, you should get to know each one on your list. Call and schedule a meeting, called an initial consultation, with each.
These first meetings are usually free, and they give you a chance to explain your case and learn about the attorney. The purpose of these meetings is to decide whether to hire the lawyer.
You’ll get the most information if you’re prepared. To prepare for each consultation:
- Gather all the documents that relate to your claim and bring them to the meeting. This includes your accident report, medical bills and reports, correspondence from your employer or insurance company, and other relevant papers. They’ll help your attorney understand your claim.
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes. You’ll want to review them later to evaluate each attorney.
- Make a list of questions that will help you learn about the lawyer and make a decision. Ask about the lawyer’s experience with Philadelphia workers’ compensation insurance claims and benefits, familiarity with the Philadelphia workers’ comp system, legal strategy and fees. Focus on topics that help you decide if the lawyer is the right lawyer to handle your claim.
Choosing a Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Every attorney you consider should have the experience and skill to represent you well, but there’s more to hiring an attorney. You’ll be working closely with your attorney on a very important issue, so consider every aspect of a lawyer before you make a decision.
Look back on your notes, and think about the qualities of each Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyer. Consider:
- Which attorney had the most experience?
- Which strategy made the most sense to you?
- Which attorney seemed to best understand you and your injury?
- Which one made you feel the most comfortable and confident?
These are some starting points, and you should also consider any factors that are personally important to you.
If you have trouble deciding, it’s appropriate to ask some more questions of an attorney and to ask for client recommendations. Sometimes the first-hand experience of a former client can give you valuable insight into an attorney’s representation.
When you’re certain you’ve found the right attorney for you, contact him and move ahead with your claim.
Connect with an Attorney nowCall 877.913.7222