Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Workers Compensation in North Dakota
Accidents can occur in any type of job site, whether you work in an office, factory, retail setting or out in the field. If you've been hurt on the job or diagnosed with an occupational illness, you're entitled to compensation under North Dakota workers' compensation laws. An attorney can help you file a claim or appeal a denied claim, and get the money you deserve.
Questions to Ask When Hiring Worker' Compensation Lawyers in North Dakota
Before hiring a workers' compensation lawyer, you should schedule an initial consultation with the attorney. This free "get to know you" meeting lets you interview the lawyer and decide whether to hire him or her.
During the initial consultation, you should feel comfortable sharing details of your injury or disease. All North Dakota attorneys are bound by confidentiality rules, and even if you hire a different lawyer, the information you provide will remain private.
Bring a list of questions you'd like answered—as well as note-taking materials—to the meeting. Focus on questions the assist with your hiring decision. Questions to ask include:
- How long have you practiced law and how much experience do you have representing clients before North Dakota Workforce Safety & Insurance?
- Do you only work with workers' compensation clients, or do you also handle other types of employment law or personal injury work?
- How much money can I expect to receive in workers' compensation benefits?
- Do you see any potential problems that could hurt or delay my claim?
- Can you estimate how much I'll pay in legal fees?
Find & Hire a Local North Dakota Workers' Comp Attorney
Whether you live in Fargo, Bismarck, Grand Forks or elsewhere in North Dakota, Attorneys.com can quickly connect you with workers' comp lawyers in your area. To use our free service, fill out the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222.