North Carolina Visas
The rules for visas to come to the United States are complicated, difficult to follow and can change often. Some rules have exceptions that can mean the difference between approval and denial. A North Carolina lawyer can help you avoid possible complications with your visa application.
Do I Need a Lawyer to Apply for a Visa?
If you are sure your case is simple, you do not necessarily need a lawyer. But the process can get overwhelming, and a lawyer can help you get it right the first time.
Examples of situations where a lawyer's help can be invaluable include:
- You need a waiver of inadmissibility.
- You do not understand the application instructions.
- You are not sure which visa type you qualify for.
In cases like these, trying to do it alone could slow down the process a lot. If you get it wrong, your application could be denied.
What Questions Should I Ask When Hiring a Lawyer?
When you need a visa lawyer, you want one that really knows the law as it applies to your case. And one you are certain will give your case the attention it deserves. So it is a good idea to ask some questions before hiring one. Important questions to ask include:
- Do you practice only immigration law? Attorneys who work only with immigration issues are more likely to be up to date on the laws.
- Have you handled cases like mine before? If not, make sure he or she can explain how your case will be handled.
- Will you keep me in the loop? Make sure the lawyer will give you regular status updates and that you can contact him or her with questions.
Also, make sure you know how much the lawyer will charge and get a written contract.
Locate a Local North Carolina Visa Lawyer Today
If you have any questions about applying for a visa, or even why your application is taking so long, an experienced lawyer can help. Call now to speak with a visa attorney in North Carolina at 877-913-7222.