Legal Articles
Traffic Tickets & Violations
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Washington Traffic Violations

You can lose your license for having too many moving traffic violations in the state of Washington. A Washington traffic ticket lawyer may be able to help you fight traffic charges.

What Happens If You Get a Speeding Ticket?

If you get ticketed, you have a certain number of days to either pay the ticket or request a court hearing. If you challenge the violations, the agency accusing you must prove its case. You may request witnesses, including the officer who gave you the ticket.

Traffic violations go on your driving record if you are convicted. You can lose your license if you get too many.

One option is to ask the court to defer the ticket. That means the court will hold off on reporting your ticket to the state for up to 12 months. If you keep your driving record clean for 12 months, the court will not report the violation. The catch is both violations go on your record if you are convicted of another violation.

What to Do if You Get a Ticket

If you receive a traffic ticket, your choices are to pay it or fight it in court. A traffic ticket lawyer can help you determine the best course of action.

If you get a ticket:

  • Do not argue with police. Stay calm. Follow orders. And treat the officer politely.
  • Gather evidence. Take note of traffic conditions. How clearly were speed signs displayed? Where did the officer clock your speed?
  • Talk to a traffic ticket lawyer who can help you plan your defense. The lawyer will help you through the legal process and may get information including the officer's training record.

Either way, you must either pay the ticket or request a hearing. If you do not, you will also face a fine for ignoring it.

Locate a Local Washington Traffic Violations Lawyer Today

Too many traffic tickets can cost you your license in the state of Washington. Get help in keeping violations off your record. Call now to speak with a traffic violations attorney in Washington at 877-913-7222.