Legal Professional?
Build Your Business

Kansas Traffic Violations

Traffics tickets are more than just a bump in the road. They can have serious impacts on your driving record and insurance. It is important to remember, however, that getting a ticket does not make you a bad driver. Should you get a ticket in Kansas, a traffic violation attorney can help you through the legal process.

Kansas Traffic Violations

Officers and patrolmen issue violations, also called traffic tickets, when you disobey a sign or break a traffic rule. Violations can result in fees and fines set by the Kansas legislature.

According to the Kansas judicial branch, most traffic violations are heard in municipal courts. Criminal traffic violations are more serious. Criminal traffic offenses can be misdemeanors or felonies. They are tried in state and federal courts.

Common Violations in Kansas

Careful drivers sometimes make mistakes on the road. Common traffic violations include:

  • Running a stop sign
  • Speeding
  • Driving without a seat belt
  • Not using a turn signal
  • Unauthorized parking

You can avoid committing these violations by being a conscientious driver. Remember, going just one mile per hour over the limit counts as a traffic violation in Kansas.

What to Do if You Get a Ticket

In Kansas, most traffic violations require you to pay a fine. In most cases, you can pay online, in person, or by mail. Check with the organization that issued the ticket for more information.

Some Kansas traffic violations require a court appearance. Should this happen, you can attend alone or bring a Kansas traffic ticket attorney with you.

If you feel like the ticket was unfair, you can choose to fight it in court. A Kansas traffic violation attorney can help you with this process.

Contact a Kansas Traffic Violation Attorney Today

A Kansas traffic violation lawyer can help you decide what to do about your traffic ticket. He or she can offer advice and help you along the process. Call now to speak with a traffic violation lawyer in Kansas at 877-913-7222.