Traffic Tickets & Violations
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Connecticut Traffic Violations
Moving traffic violations appear on your driving history. They may result in fines and points on your record. If you get a traffic ticket, you may want the help of a Connecticut traffic violations lawyer.
What to Do If You Get a Traffic Ticket
If the moving violation is an infraction you have two options. You may pay the ticket or plead not guilty and fight the ticket in court.
You can pay two ways:
- Pay online through the state's infraction ticket processing website.
- Mail a check or money order in the full amount using the self-addressed information that you receive with your ticket.
You have three options for entering a not guilty plea:
- Enter a plea through the infraction ticket processing website.
- Mail a plea to CIB, P.O. Box 5044, Hartford, CT 06102-5044.
- Call the CIB at 860-263-2750 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays.
If you go to traffic court, you will meet with the state attorney. The state attorney may:
- Say there will be no action taken on your case
- Let you pay a smaller fine
- Tell you to pay the original fine in full
If you disagree, you have a right to a court trial. Some violations require you to go to court. You may bring a traffic ticket attorney with you.
What are the Penalties for a Traffic Ticket in Connecticut?
If you pay your ticket in full or are found not guilty of an infraction, there will be no points added to your driving record. If you are found guilty in court, points may be added. If you accrue 10 points, you can lose your license for up to 24 months.
Traffic violations can result in fines. They also can affect your insurance rates. Two or more moving violations can mean an order to attend a driver retraining program.
Reckless driving and racing on the highway are misdemeanor traffic violations. They are criminal offenses and can mean higher fines and time in prison.
Locate a Local Connecticut Traffic Ticket Lawyer Today
An attorney can look at the charges against you and help you decide what to do. Call now to speak with a traffic violations attorney in Connecticut at 877-913-7222.