Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
IRS Tax Debt Relief in Indiana
Do you owe past-due taxes to the Internal Revenue Service or the Indiana Department of Revenue? An Indiana tax attorney can help you understand your tax debt solutions.
Among your legal options:
- If you can afford to pay your tax bill in its entirety, you can make a lump-sum payment
- If you afford to pay a little bit toward your tax bill each month, you can apply to make payments on an installment plan
- If there are questions as to whether you owe the full amount you've been billed, your Indiana tax lawyer can help get your bill corrected, file a tax appeal or apply for an offer in compromise, which allows you to settle your tax bill for less than the full amount you owe
- Depending on the age of the past-due taxes, you may be able to discharge them through personal bankruptcy
- If paying the entire tax bill would cause a serious financial hardship, you may be eligible to have some of all of the fines and interest charges waived or you may be eligible for an offer in compromise
- If the tax bill is the result of fraud or deception on the part of your spouse—and you had no knowledge of his or her actions—you may be eligible for innocent spouse relief, which transfers the entire tax bill obligation to your spouse
Working with an Indiana Tax Relief Attorney
Your Indiana tax debt attorney can review your tax bill to ensure that it's accurate and your finances to determine how much you can afford to pay. The lawyer will then explain your legal options for solving your tax debt problem, including the pros and cons of each choice.
There are a number of advantages to hiring an Indiana tax relief lawyer. If you've ever called the IRS or read the instructions that accompany tax forms, you know that tax rules can be complicated and confusing. But your lawyer will have years of education and experience working with the tax laws and representing clients in situations similar to yours. That means he or she will be able to assess your situation and explain possible solutions in a clear, concise manner.
Tax problems can also be stressful, and no one wants to deal with calls and correspondence with the IRS and the Indiana Department of Revenue. When you hire an Indiana tax debt lawyer, you're hiring someone who will deal with the government on your behalf. Your lawyer can write letters to the government, complete applications for various tax relief programs and represent you at hearings, if necessary.
When you hire an Indiana tax relief attorney, you're hiring a trusted advisor who's experienced, knowledgeable and able to guide you through the process of solving your tax debt problem.
Find & Hire an Indiana Tax Attorney
Ready to take the next step toward solving your tax debt problem? Congratulations! You've made a wise decision. The next thing you should do is find and hire an Indiana tax lawyer in your area—and Attorneys.com can help. Call us at 877-913-7222 or complete the form on this page to get started. We offer a quick, confidential and FREE service that will connect you with a local Indiana tax relief attorney.