IRS Tax Debt Relief in Idaho
Have financial hardships prevented you from paying your federal or Idaho taxes? Did a mistake on your tax return lead to a big tax bill? If you owe back taxes to the government, an Idaho tax attorney can help you explore tax relief options.
There are a number of tax debt solutions available if you either can't afford to pay your tax bill or think your bill is inaccurate. Your Idaho tax lawyer can review your financial situation and tax returns to determine the programs for which you are eligible, and can describe the advantages and disadvantages of each option. Among the possible solutions:
- If your tax bill is inaccurate, your Idaho tax debt attorney can work with the Internal Revenue Service or Idaho State Tax Commission to get it corrected or to appeal a tax ruling that led to the tax bill. Alternatively, you may be able to settle your tax bill for a portion of what you've been billed using the offer in compromise program.
- If you can't afford to pay the tax bill in a single lump sum, you can apply to pay it affordably in monthly installments.
- You may be able to get interest charges and late fees waived through a program known as penalty abatement if the tax penalties are the result of a serious financial hardship or honest mistake.
- Taxpayers facing financial hardships may also be eligible for the offer in compromise program.
- If you owe income taxes that are at least three years old, you may be able to get the tax debt discharged through personal bperankruptcy.
Your Idaho tax relief attorney can discuss these and other tax debt solutions with you in more detail.
Reasons to Find & Hire an Idaho Tax Debt Lawyer
If you're facing federal or Idaho tax debt problems, there are couple reasons to consider hiring an attorney to assist you.
Your lawyer will have years of experience both studying the tax laws and representing clients just like you. That experience works to your advantage and helps ensure you find the best possible tax relief solution.
Your lawyer will also be able to communicate with the government on your behalf, relieving you of the stress and headaches of dealing with the IRS and Idaho State Tax Commission.
Are you ready to hire an Idaho tax relief lawyer and begin working toward freedom from your tax debt? Congratulations, you've made a smart decision. Your next move is to find a tax lawyer in your area—and Attorneys.com can help. Complete the short form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222. Our fast and free service will connect you with a tax attorney in your area.