New Hampshire Social Security Disability Insurance
Sidelined by illness or injury? You may qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or other benefits. But getting these benefits can be tricky. That is why it is so important to consult with a New Hampshire SSD lawyer.
What Is SSDI?
SSDI is part of Social Security. You need to have worked long enough to have paid a certain amount of Social Security tax to get it. You also must have a condition that:
- Keeps you from doing the job you had before
- Prevents you from doing a different job
- Is expected to last at least 12 months or result in death
Certain conditions are so severe that they automatically qualify for benefits. But other cases are not so clear cut. Social security disability lawyers can help gather the appropriate documentation to make sure you get a fair review.
How Do You Apply?
You apply through the Social Security Administration (SSA)—either by phone, in a local SSA office, or online. SSA forwards your file to a state agency, and the state makes the ultimate decision as to whether you get benefits.
You may need to submit:
- Personal information, such as marital status and birth dates of minor children
- Tax forms
- Work history
- A disability report detailing your condition
- Details about any workers' compensation claim(s) you have filed
An SSDI attorney can ensure your application is thorough.
Are There Other Programs?
New Hampshire residents with disabilities also may qualify for:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)—a federal program that does not have the same work requirement as SSDI
- Aid to the Permanently & Totally Disabled (APTD)—a state program that pays cash benefits to qualified individuals
- Catastrophic Illness Program (CIP)—a state program that provides aid to those with certain catastrophic conditions
Locate a Local New Hampshire Social Security Disability Attorney
Applying for disability benefits can be humbling. Ease the stress by partnering with a disability attorney who knows how the process works in your state. Call now to speak with a New Hampshire social security disability lawyer at 877-913-7222.