Virginia Residential Real Estate
Virginia residents readily agree that their personal residences are their greatest single investments in life. As such, these proud homeowners of the “Old Dominion” Commonwealth desire to preserve those valuable real estate holdings. This holds particularly true during transactions involving the purchase and sale of residential real estate, and especially, in the midst of the economic downturn after the burst of the housing bubble.
How Do I Benefit from Partnering with Real Estate Professionals?
Many Virginians will acknowledge after the successful completion of their real estate transactions that it was wise to partner with local real estate agents and residential real estate lawyers. Satisfied clients freely admit that they have no regrets from seeking help from experienced professionals in the real estate field. They also acknowledge they would readily partner with these same professional teams again if they had an opportunity to do so.
Here are some of the ways in which Virginia clients benefit from the legal assistance they receive:
- Closings occurred on time, the first time.
- Homeowners navigated the real estate process smoothly as scheduled.
- Buyers and sellers avoided costly delays, thanks to issue-spotting and troubleshooting.
- Virginia homeowners experienced peace of mind and confidence during confusing transactions.
- Losses were mitigated through proactive damage-control skills.
In the end, homeowners of the Commonwealth of Virginia were able to emerge from the real estate process on a better footing than they would have achieved on their own, thanks to their team of locally based real estate professionals.
What Do Virginia Real Estate Lawyers Do for Clients?
For starters, residential real estate lawyers based in the Commonwealth handle closings, or settlement meetings, for their clients. They prepare and analyze contracts and other documents involved in real estate transactions. They review title searches to ensure that encumbrances on the chain of title are identified, and, whenever possible, promptly rectified. Finally, local real estate attorneys negotiate the terms of home inspection responsibilities and obligations.
In addition to these duties, residential real estate lawyers practicing in Virginia routinely help clients in these areas:
- 1031 tax exchanges
- Deed preparation and searches
- Contracts involving “For Sale by Owner” properties
- Homeowners’ association work and disputes
- Loan modifications
- Family land issues
- Partition suits
- Purchases and sales transactions
- Reverse mortgages
- Right-of-way disputes
- Foreclosures and short sales
- Title issues, such as boundary disputes, covenants and easements
- Condemnation and eminent domain
- Property valuation
- Breach of contract disputes
- Zoning and variances
Locate a Local Residential Real Estate Lawyer Today
Virginia residential real estate attorneys represent clients at all stages of transactions, and in lawsuits arising out of the sale or purchase of a personal home or investment property. They routinely draft, review, analyze, negotiate, and amend real estate contracts to ensure clients’ rights and interests are defended under local real estate and real property laws. Call now to speak with a residential real estate lawyer in Virginia at 877-913-7222.