Slip and Fall Injuries in Oklahoma
One minute you're walking through the grocery store, the next minute you slip on spilled liquid and hit the floor. Or maybe you were climbing stairs in a building and tripped on a loose floorboard. Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere at any time. But under Oklahoma negligence laws, if your accident occurs on someone else's property and if they failed to maintain safe conditions on their property, then they bear some responsibility for costs associated with your injury. Oklahoma slip and fall attorneys can explain the law in more detail.
Questions to Ask When Hiring a Slip & Fall Attorney
Just as you probably wouldn't get hired for a new job without an interview, you shouldn't hire a slip and fall lawyer without learning more about his or her skills and credentials. Schedule an initial consultation with each lawyer you would consider hiring.
During the initial consultation, you want to ask a lot of questions and then listen carefully to the lawyer's answers. Does the attorney have experience representing slip and fall accident victims? Can you trust the lawyer to handle your case?
Bring to the initial consultation a list of questions you'd like to ask the lawyer. These might include:
- How long have you practiced personal injury law? Do you only represent slip and fall clients or do you also work with other types of accident victims?
- If hired, what strategy would you recommend for resolving my case? What are the advantages and disadvantages in my case?
- How much could I expect to receive if my personal injury claim is successful? What's the likelihood of success?
- How much do you charge for your services? What will I owe you if my case is successful? If it's unsuccessful?
- Are you the only attorney in your firm who would work on my case? If others are involved, what are their backgrounds? Can I meet them?
Find & Hire Local Oklahoma Personal Injury Attorneys
If you're ready to hire a personal injury lawyer, you've come to the right website. Whether you live in Tulsa, Norman, Oklahoma City or elsewhere in the state, Attorneys.com offers a free service that can quickly connect you with local slip and fall attorneys. To get matched with a lawyer today, fill out the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222.