Slip and Fall Injuries in Minnesota
Slip and fall accidents are among the most causes of injuries and even deaths. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall on someone else's property, then the property owner or tenant may be responsible for paying your injury-associated bills. A Minnesota slip and fall attorney can evaluate your case and help you file a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary.
Minnesota Slip & Fall Basics
An uneven walking surface, snow and ice, spilled water or grease...any number of obstacles or hazards can contribute to a slip and fall accident. And if you've been injured after slipping or tripping over something, you know that these accidents can be serious—and even fatal. In fact:
- The Occupational Health & Safety Administration says slip and fall accidents are responsible for 15% of accidental workplace deaths.
- The Centers for Disease Control says that one-third of older Americans fall each year.
If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident at work or on someone else's property, you should speak to a Minnesota slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible. You may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit and recover money to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering.
Questions to Ask When Hiring a Minnesota Personal Injury Attorney
Before hiring a lawyer, you should schedule a brief appointment (often known as an initial consultation) with all of the Minnesota personal injury lawyers you're considering for your case. Use the meeting as an opportunity to interview the attorneys and decide which one you'd like to hire.
Questions to ask during the initial consultation include:
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- Do you only represent slip and fall accident victims or do you represent other types of clients?
- What are my legal options?
- How much money can I expect to receive?
- How do you bill for your services? How much do you estimate I'll pay in legal fees?
Find & Hire a Minnesota Slip & Fall Attorney
In Minnesota there is a time limit (known as the statute of limitations) in which to file a slip and fall lawsuit. That means you can't afford to delay and should hire a Minnesota slip and fall attorney as soon as possible after your accident.
If you need help finding a Minnesota personal injury lawyer, then you've come to the right website. Attorneys.com offers a free, no-obligation service that can quickly connect you with Minnesota slip and fall attorneys in your area. Call us at 877-913-7222 or fill out the form on this page. After answering a few easy questions, we'll match you with a local personal injury attorney.