Legal Articles
Slip and Fall Injury
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Slip and Fall Injuries in Arizona

About 8 million Americans are injured annually in slip and fall accidents. While many victims of slip and fall accidents suffer little more than some bruises and embarrassment, the accidents can be much more serious—and even fatal. About 20,000 people die as a result of injuries sustained in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident. If you, or someone you love, has been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident on someone else's property, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. An Arizona slip and fall attorney can review the situation, file a lawsuit if necessary and help you get the money you deserve.

Arizona Slip & Fall Basics

Slip and fall injuries can occur anywhere—indoors or outside, at home, work or while you're simply walking down the street. Sometimes you may trip over an impediment that's existed for a long time, such as a broken sidewalk or loose floorboard. Other times you may trip over or slip on an unexpected obstacle that recently appeared, such as water on a floor.

Arizona personal injury law follows what is known as comparative negligence. This essentially recognizes that both you and the property owner each bear some responsibility for preventing your slip and fall accident. The property owner should take care to maintain safe walking surfaces, but you have a responsibility to look where you are going and avoid obstacles that might cause an accident.

Under Arizona's rule of comparative negligence, the other party that shares some of the blame for your accident—usually the property owner or tenant—must pay damages, or money, proportional to their share of responsibility. In other words, imagine you were hurt in a slip and fall injury and incurred $10,000 in medical bills to treat your accident. Your Arizona slip and fall lawyer files a lawsuit against the property owner, and a jury decides the property owner is 75% responsible for the accident. He or she would have to pay 75% of your accident-related expenses, or $7,500. You'd be responsible for the remaining 25%.

An Arizona personal injury attorney can explain comparative negligence in more detail and help you understand how much money you could recover through a slip and fall lawsuit.  Find out how to protect oneself from slip and fall accidents.

Questions to Ask When Hiring an Arizona Personal Injury Lawyer

Before hiring a lawyer, you should interview a couple of Arizona slip and fall attorneys to decide which is the right one for you. During the interview, ask questions that help you make a hiring decision. For example:

  • Where did you attend law school?
  • How long have you practiced personal injury law?
  • Do you only represent victims of slip and fall accidents, or also victims of other types of accidents?
  • What are my legal options?
  • How much money can I hope to recover?
  • How much can I expect to pay in legal fees?

Read more about additional questions to ask.

Find & Hire an Arizona Slip & Fall Attorney

If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, you must quickly hire an attorney. Your Arizona slip and fall lawyers will want to collect evidence from the accident scene while it's fresh, and there is a deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit. Needless to say, you can't afford to wait or you risk being unable to recover any money from the property owner.

If you need help finding Arizona personal injury lawyers, you've come to the right website. offers a free service that can quickly connect you with slip and fall lawyers in your area. Call us at 877-913-7222 or complete the form on this page to get started today.