Legal Articles
Motorcycle Accidents
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Washington Motorcycle Accidents

You may get less compensation in the state of Washington if you share any fault for a motorcycle crash. You do not have to carry insurance to ride a motorcycle in the state. If you are in a bike crash, a Washington motorcycle accident attorney may help you get a fair settlement.

Can You Sue for a Motorcycle Crash?

Under Washington law, you may sue for damages even if a crash is partly your fault. The amount you may collect will be reduced, however. For example, if your motorcycle crashes into a car, and the other driver is totally to blame, you may be compensated for your injuries. But if you were speeding, and a court finds you 35 percent at fault, you may be responsible for 35 percent of your medical bills. If a crash is your fault, you may face liability for the bike accident. Even though Washington does not require you to carry insurance, you are still responsible. Having insurance may help cover you if you are found at fault. It may pay for a portion of your medical costs if you are injured.

What Compensation Can You Get?

Bike accident injuries are often serious. If you are injured in a crash, talk to an attorney who may be able to help you get on the road to recovery.

Compensation that you may get includes:

  • Medical bills related to your injuries
  • Lost wages if you cannot work
  • Repair to your motorcycle or replacement if necessary
  • A rental vehicle
  • Pain and suffering caused by the accident

A lawyer experienced in motorcycle accidents may be able to help recover damages. The lawyer may also be able to show what caused the crash. Remember, the less you are found at fault the more compensation you may get under Washington law.

Locate a Local Washington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today

An attorney may help you get paid for your injuries. Call now to speak with a motorcycle accident attorney in Washington at 877-913-7222.