Vermont Motorcycle Accidents
Riding a motorcycle through the covered bridges or along the lakes of Vermont is not to be missed. Safe riding means being aware of other motorists. Riders should also wear a helmet and other protective gear. If you are injured in an accident, contact a Vermont bike accident lawyer.
How to Avoid Bike Accidents
People who ride motorcycles can avoid bike accident injuries by following some simple tips:
- Take a bike rider safety course.
- Wear boots, gloves, and a helmet.
- Do not speed or ride carelessly.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Avoid riding in bad weather.
- Keep your bike in good condition.
- Assume other drivers do not see you.
Riders should also be very careful at intersections or four-way crossings. Many accidents happen at these locations.
What to Do if Injured
Bike accident injuries can be very serious. Riders have little protection if thrown from their bikes. If you are injured and want to file a claim, there are some things to know:
- Do not talk to anyone about how the accident happened.
- Expect police and insurance companies to place liability on you.
- Insurance agents may think your injuries were not caused in the accident.
- Hire a motorcycle accident lawyer.
If you try to handle a claim by yourself, you may not get the compensation you deserve. Motorcycle accident lawyers handle these types of cases every day. They can challenge evidence against you and look for other factors that may have caused your accident such as bad roads or a poor repair job.
A motorcycle accident attorney can get documents and other records that you may not be aware are necessary. To collect on a claim, it is up to you or your lawyer to prove the accident was someone else's fault. You may have to produce all your medical bills and lost wage records. Expert witnesses can also help support your case.
Locate a Local Vermont Motorcycle Lawyer Today
Injury law can be difficult. Do not try to handle a claim by yourself. Call now to speak to a motorcycle lawyer in Vermont at 877-913-7222.