Legal Articles
Motorcycle Accidents
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Tennessee Motorcycle Accidents

Tennessee's mountains, many bodies of water, and forests make for super motorcycle rides. Sometimes these rides result in accidents that can cause serious injuries. You may want the help of a Tennessee motorcycle accident lawyer if you are injured in a crash.

Can You Sue for a Tennessee Motorcycle Crash?

A 1992 Tennessee Supreme Court case changed the law in the state, allowing you to sue for personal injuries even if you are partly to blame. That means you can sue for your bike injuries.

The catch is you cannot get paid for your injury if a court finds you 50 percent or more to blame. If you fall below what’s called the "50 percent bar," a court reduces your damages by how much liability you have for your bike accident.

That means you collect nothing if you were speeding and the court says you are 50 percent at fault. You can collect damages if you are 34 percent to blame, but your damages may be reduced by 34 percent.

What Can You Recover in a Lawsuit?

If you are a motorcycle accident victim, you may get payment for your injuries and other expenses.

Possible expenses include:

  • Medical bills
  • Lost wages
  • Repair or replacement of your motorcycle
  • A rental vehicle if needed
  • Pain and suffering that the crash causes
  • Other out-of-pocket expenses

An attorney knows the law and can give you advice on what you may collect. Be sure to bring copies of all paperwork if you meet with an attorney.

Locate a Local Tennessee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today

A lawyer can help you decide if you have a case. A motorcycle accident lawyer knows the laws in your states. The lawyer can find experts to investigate the facts of the accident and determine who is at fault. Proving fault can be difficult. The more at fault you are found, the less you collect. Call now to speak with a motorcycle accident attorney in Tennessee at 877-913-7222.