South Dakota Motorcycle Accidents
South Dakota is a mecca for bikers. The annual motorcycle events in Sturgis draw thousands of riders into the state each year. Although motorcycles are a beloved pastime in South Dakota, accidents can and do happen. Make the most of the state's bike-friendly climate by learning what to do in case of an accident. It is also wise to know how to reach a lawyer in case you need help.
Avoiding Bike Accidents
A motorcycle crash can keep you from the things you love and take a bite out of your wallet. Learn to ride safely to help prevent bike accidents.
To lessen your chance of being in a wreck:
- Wear bright colors and use lights to stay visible to other drivers.
- Use signals to communicate your intentions.
- Keep space between you and other vehicles.
- Scan ahead on the road.
- Be aware of any difficult road conditions.
You should also have a plan in case of an accident. It is important to know what to do before one occurs.
What to Do After an Accident
Bike accidents can happen anywhere: on city streets, country roads, four-way crossings, and highways. Avoid further loss and injury by being proactive at the scene of an accident:
- If you or another person is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Do not move your bike unless it is blocking traffic.
- If you can, record what you see at the scene. Note the weather, road conditions, who was there, and any other details.
- Take pictures if a camera is available.
Having this information can make talking to your lawyer and filing claims easier.
Locate a South Dakota Motorcycle Attorney Today
Motorcycle lawyers have studied the laws that surround motorcycle accidents and liability. If you have been in an accident or have questions, a South Dakota motorcycle lawyer can help. Call now to speak with a motorcycle attorney in South Dakota at 877-913-7222.