Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Illinois Motorcycle Accidents
As a motorcyclist, you must share the road with larger cars and trucks. You also must practice defensive driving since the other drivers do not see your bike as easily as they do other types of vehicles. Avoid crashes by learning more about safe driving and Illinois laws. If you do get hurt while on the road, a motorcycle accident lawyer can help.
Stay Safe on a Motorcycle
The Illinois State Police offers a motorcycle safety handout. It includes facts and stats on bike wrecks in the state. It also has helpful tips on safe driving:
- Wear protective clothing.
- Stay alert and be prepared for anything.
- Keep your hand and foot on brakes at all times.
- Use turn signals to change lanes and make turns.
- Do not drive under the influence.
If another driver causes a crash, a motorcycle accident attorney can help you get payment for injuries and property damage.
Follow Illinois Traffic Laws
The state does not require motorcycle drivers to wear a helmet. It does have traffic laws just for bikes, though. They help you avoid an accident with an auto. Laws include:
- Do not between two other vehicles going in the same direction, unless a clear traffic lane allows you to do so safely.
- Do not pass on the right without clear pavement at least eight feet wide to the right of the car or truck being passed.
- Do not drive a motorcycle on just one wheel.
If you and another driver both cause a wreck, a lawyer can help figure out the bike accident liability. Illinois allows drivers to share fault. This means if you get into an crash that is mostly the other driver's fault, that driver pays for most of your injuries and property damage. These cases often require a court trial.
Locate an Illinois Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
An Illinois bike accident attorney can help you receive fair payment for a wreck with your motorcycle. Consult one before talking to the other driver's insurance company. The insurer wants to pay you the least amount it can. That payment might not cover all of your bills. Call now to speak with an motorcycle accident attorney in Illinois at 877-913-7222.