Legal Articles
Motorcycle Accidents
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Idaho Motorcycle Accidents

Idaho is among a number of states with a comparative negligence law. That means more than one driver can be found at fault for an accident. If you suffer injuries in a bike accident, you may want an Idaho motorcycle accident lawyer to help with your case.

Who Is at Fault in a Crash?

Idaho's comparative negligence law means you collect damages only if you are less at fault. If you are found 50 percent or more at fault, you cannot recover damages from another driver's insurance. If you are 30 percent at fault in a two-vehicle crash, the other driver's insurer is responsible for 70 percent of the damages.

Factors that decide liability in a bike accident include traffic citations and convictions. Even if the other driver is cited, you may still be found to share fault. If there us a lack of evidence, it could come down to who makes the best argument in court.

How Can an Attorney Help?

A lawyer experienced in motorcycle law can help determine who is at fault. The lawyer can find experts to help determine what caused the crash.

An attorney can help you recover compensation for:

  • Medical bills related to the injuries
  • Lost wages if you cannot work
  • Repair or replacement of your motorcycle
  • A rental vehicle
  • Pain and suffering related to the crash
  • Other out-of-pocket costs

The law can be complex. An attorney fights for your rights. Remember the party that is found to bear the most fault is the party that has the most liability.

Locate a Local Idaho Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today

An attorney can help protect your rights. You may benefit from a lawyer's experience. Call now to speak with a motorcycle accident attorney in Idaho at 877-913-7222.