Connecticut Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists share the same rights as other motorists on Connecticut’s roads. They also share the same responsibilities. If you are in a crash, a Connecticut motorcycle accident lawyer can help protect your rights.
Who Is to Blame in Motorcycle Crashes?
A federal study found more motorcyclists died from crashes with other vehicles than in single-vehicle crashes. The accident with a motorcycle almost always involved a passenger car. When it came to liability, the study found both drivers were often at fault:
- Motorcyclists were more often speeding.
- Motorcyclists more often had an invalid license.
- Passenger car drivers more often failed to yield the right of way.
The percentage of drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs was about equal between motorcyclists and auto drivers.
Why Hire a Bike Accident Lawyer?
Motorcyclists are more likely to get seriously injured in crashes. Motorcycles give riders less protection than cars give drivers. Connecticut only requires riders under 18 to wear helmets, which reduce the risk of death.
There are several reasons to get an attorney’s help:
- An attorney can help get payment to cover doctor’s visits and medical costs.
- The attorney can help you get money to cover lost wages.
- Insurance companies may not want to pay for damages, and an attorney fights for your rights.
- A lawyer can protect your rights if you are blamed.
If you are in an accident, try to remember details. Did the crash happen at an intersection? Did a driver turn before the driver’s turn? This is a common problem at four-way stops. Details like these help your lawyer prepare your case.
Locate a Local Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Connecticut
A lawyer can help you seek damages if you are the victim of a motorcycle crash. In a fatal crash, your lawyer can help survivors sue for wrongful death damages. The lawyer can also help defend you if you are blamed for causing a crash. Call now to speak with a motorcycle accident attorney in Connecticut at 877-913-7222.