Boat & Boating Accidents
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Montana Boating Accidents
Boating is a favorite pastime for Montana families, fishers, and lovers of the great outdoors. But it is not without risk. If you have been in a boat accident that was someone else's fault, a Montana boating accidents attorney can help you get fair compensation for your losses.
Montana Boating Laws
Like other states, Montana has defined rules and regulations for boating and use of other personal water craft. These rules are legally binding. They include some common courtesies, speed limits, safety procedures, and more. They also outline these steps for what to do in case of a boat accident:
- Stop at the scene right away, if you can do so safely.
- Render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Exchange information such as name, address, and boat ID numbers, in writing.
You also may need to file a report to the local sheriff’s office or game warden right away if:
- Someone died or is missing.
- An injury needed care beyond first aid.
- Property damage exceeded $100.
You should also get in touch with a boat accident attorney as soon as possible.
How Can a Boating Accident Attorney Help?
Lawyers who handle boat accident cases in Montana are well versed in the state’s boating laws. They can build a strong case on your behalf. This may include compiling evidence such as:
- A copy of the accident report
- Photographs of injuries or property damage
- Medical records detailing your injuries and treatment
- Estimates to repair or replace damaged property
- Statements from any witnesses
A lawyer may also recruit expert witnesses or use tools such as accident reconstruction to prove fault. If you are offered a settlement, your attorney can review it to help you make an informed decision.
Locate a Local Boating Lawyer in Montana
Boating accidents sometimes happen for reasons beyond our control. But often someone's carelessness is to blame. If you have been hurt or lost property in such an incident, a boat lawyer can represent you both in and outside of the courtroom. Call now to speak with a boating accident attorney in Montana at 877-913-7222.