Boat & Boating Accidents
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Boating Accidents in Kansas
No one wants to think about the dangers of boating as they are gearing up for a trip on the water. But accidents do happen, and the results can be devastating. Often, a person’s carelessness or negligence is to blame. If you have been hurt or have lost property as a result of such an accident, you may be due compensation for your losses. A Kansas boat accident lawyer can help you recover.
What Should You Do if You Are in a Boating Accident?
In the event of an accident, boaters in Kansas are required to:
- Stop and remain at the scene.
- Aid anyone who has been hurt or is in danger, if you can do so safely.
- Provide your name, address, and vessel information in writing to anyone who has been hurt or suffered property loss.
These are not just matters of courtesy. It is the law. You must also report any accident that results in:
- Injury requiring treatment beyond first aid
- Death or a missing person
- Property damage exceeding $2,000
You can file a report with the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks or any local commissioned law enforcement officer.
How Can a Boating Accident Lawyer Help?
No two boat accidents are alike. But lawyers who regularly handle these types of cases can leverage their specific knowledge of the law to your advantage by:
- Gathering evidence, including medical bills and records, photographs, statements from witnesses, and more
- Recruiting expert witnesses to testify on your behalf
- Employing strategies such as accident reconstruction to prove fault
- Representing you in settlement negotiations or in court
Depending on your situation, your lawyer may be able to help you recover the cost of medical bills, lost wages, property damage or loss, pain and suffering, and more.
Locate a Local Boat Accidents Attorney in Kansas
If you have been involved in a boating accident, you likely have questions and concerns about your legal rights and responsibilities. Get help from a knowledgeable attorney who can advise you on your specific case. Call now to speak with a Kansas boating accident lawyer at 877-913-7222.