Parole and Probation
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
California Parole & Probation
In California, people convicted of a crime may be eligible for probation, which allows them to serve their sentence while remaining free in the community. Additionally, people who have been imprisoned may be eligible for parole after serving some time in jail or prison. A parole and probation attorney can guide you through the process.
Things to Consider When Hiring a Probation Lawyer
Your parole and probation lawyer can:
- Help you obtain probation or parole
- Represent you at your California Board of Parole hearing
- If you're accused of violating the terms of your probation or parole, represent and defend you at the parole violation hearing or probation violation hearing
Before hiring a parole and probation attorney, ask to schedule an initial consultation with the lawyer. This is your chance to talk to the lawyer, ask questions and decide whether you want the attorney to represent you.
When making a hiring decision, you should consider:
- How much experience does the attorney have representing clients in situations like yours. If you're looking for an attorney to represent you at a parole hearing, you might not want to hire someone who primarily works with clients accused of parole violations.
- How much does the lawyer cost? Legal fees vary from attorney to attorney. Make sure you understand how much you'll owe the lawyer and exactly what services are included in that price.
- Is the attorney trustworthy and will you feel comfortable having the lawyer represent you? When it comes to parole and probation, your freedom is literally at stake. You want to hire a lawyer in whom you feel confident.
Find & Hire Local California Parole & Probation Attorneys
Call Attorneys.com at 877-913-7222 or complete the form on this page to use our free legal referral service. We can quickly match you with California probation and parole lawyers in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose and elsewhere in the state.