Legal Articles
Nursing Home Abuse
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Nursing Home Abuse in North Dakota

The elderly are among our most cherished—but also our most vulnerable—population. Unfortunately, they are also frequently the victims of abuse. If you know someone who is being physically, verbally, mentally or sexually abused, or financially exploited in an assisted living facility, contact local police and the North Dakota Long Term Care Ombudsman Program immediately. You should also hire a nursing home abuse attorney.

Questions to Ask When Hiring North Dakota Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers

Once you contact police with allegations of nursing home abuse, they will launch a criminal investigation. But you'll need a lawyer to help pursue a civil lawsuit.

Before deciding to hire an attorney, schedule a preliminary consultation. This free meeting is your chance to interview the lawyer and learn more about him or her. Ask a lot of questions, focusing on topics that help you make a hiring decision. Typical questions include:

  • How long have you practiced law in North Dakota? Do you only represent nursing home abuse victims, or do you do other types of personal injury work, too?
  • What's your assessment of my case? If my personal injury claim is successful, how much money can I expect to receive?
  • Can you offer any assistance in connection with the criminal investigation? For example, can you accompany me to meetings with the North Dakota Long Term Care Ombudsman as well as law enforcement authorities?
  • How do you charge for your services? How much can I expect to pay if my case is successful? If I don't recover any money?

Find & Hire a Local North Dakota Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer

Need help finding nursing home abuse lawyers in your area? Whether you live in Fargo, Bismarck or elsewhere in North Dakota, offers a free service that can match you with local lawyers. To get started, fill out the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222.