Nursing Home Abuse
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Nursing Home Abuse in Washington, DC
Does an elderly family member have unexplained bruises, cuts and other injuries? Has your loved one experienced a sudden change in finances? Are they reluctant to be left alone with a caregiver? All of these are signs of elder abuse. If you or someone you care for may be an abuse victim, contact police and a Washington, DC, nursing home abuse attorney immediately.
All forms of elder abuse—including nursing home abuse—are crimes and should be treated seriously. If there is sufficient evidence, law enforcement authorities will press criminal charges against the abuser. But the victim can also take legal action in civil court to recover money to pay for abuse-related expenses.
Questions to Ask When Hiring a Washington, DC, Elder Abuse Attorney
Under Washington, DC, law, you have three years from the date of abuse to file a personal injury lawsuit against an abuser. (This time limit is known as the statute of limitations.)
But lawsuits take time to prepare, so you should not wait until the last minute to hire a Washington, DC, elder abuse attorney.
Before hiring a Washington, DC, nursing home abuse lawyer, you should interview the attorney to determine if he or she is a good fit and has the necessary skills. Questions to ask include:
- How much experience do you have representing victims of abuse in nursing homes?
- Have you previously represented clients with circumstances similar to mine or my loved one? What was the outcome?
- Do you also practice other types of personal injury law, or is your practice limited solely to representing nursing home abuse victims?
- What strategy would you suggest for pursuing ithis case?
- How much money can we hope to recover?
- Can you explain your fee structure and how much I can expect to pay in legal fees and expenses?
Find & Hire Washington, DC, Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
Unless you know someone who's previously hired a Washington, DC, elder abuse lawyer, you may not know any lawyers who do this type of work. Fortunately, Attorneys.com can help connect you with Washington, DC, nursing home abuse lawyers. Fill out the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222 to get started. We'll quickly match you with an attorney in your area.