Nursing Home Abuse
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Nursing Home Abuse in Delaware
Elder abuse is a crime. Whether it's physical abuse, sexual abuse, verbal abuse, mistreatment, neglect or financial exploitation, it's illegal. And it doesn't matter if it occurs in a private home, assisted living facility or public place. If you or someone you love is an abuse victim, contact Delaware law enforcement authorities and a Delaware nursing home abuse attorney immediately.
How a Delaware Elder Abuse Attorney Can Help You
When you report nursing home abuse to the police, they will launch a criminal investigation. But you shouldn't stop with a police report. Find and hire a Delaware nursing home abuse lawyer, too.
Your Delaware elder abuse attorney can:
- Help you or the victim file a personal injury lawsuit against the abuser, which enables you to collect compensation for any injuries or losses sustained as a result of the abuse
- Keep in regular contact with the police and the Delaware Long Term Care Ombudsman regarding the status of the investigation
- Accompany the victim to any police interviews, grand jury hearings or court appearances
- Prepare the victim for any court testimony
- Help ensure that the victim is kept safe and the abuse stops
Find & Hire Delaware Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
The clock starts ticking once an elderly or vulnerable adult becomes the victim of elder abuse. The longer the abuse lasts, the worse the outcome for the victim. And the longer the victim waits to address it, the less time the victim has to address the abuse through the legal system. So nursing home abuse victims shouldn't delay and should hire Delaware nursing home abuse lawyers today.
Call Attorneys.com at 877-913-7222 or complete the form on this page if you need help locating an elder abuse lawyer in your area. After you answer a few simple questions, we can quickly match you with a local attorney in your area.