Medical Malpractice in North Dakota
Doctors aren't supposed to make mistakes when treating patients...but sometimes they do. If you've been injured at the hands of a doctor, nurse or other medical professional, you may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit in North Dakota courts. Speak to a medical malpractice attorney today to better understand your legal options.
Questions to Ask When Hiring Attorneys for Medical Malpractice
Before hiring a medical malpractice lawyer, you should interview the attorney to better understand his or her background, experience, approach to handling med mal lawsuits and areas of expertise.
This interview, often known as a preliminary or initial consultation, is usually free of charge. Bring to the meeting a list of questions you'd like answered. Focus your questions on topics that will help you make a hiring decision.
Typical questions to ask med mal lawyers include:
- How long have you practiced medical malpractice law in North Dakota?
- Do you only represent medical malpractice clients or do you also do other types of personal injury work?
- Can you briefly explain to me the requirements for winning a North Dakota medical malpractice case?
- What is your assessment of my medical malpractice case?
- If my medical malpractice claim is successful, how much money could I expect to receive?
- How much do you charge for your services? Can you estimate your total legal bill, including expenses?
Find & Hire a Local North Dakota Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Under North Dakota negligence and personal injury law, you have a limited timeframe to file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the healthcare provider responsible for your injuries. Because the clock is ticking, you should hire a med mal attorney as soon as possible after you're injured or discover that you've been injured.
If you live in Fargo, Bismarck or elsewhere in North Dakota, let Attorneys.com help you find a local medical malpractice attorney. Our free service can quickly connect you with a lawyer in your area. To get started, fill out the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222.