Loan Modification in Texas
Having trouble making your mortgage payments? Before you give up, sell the home or lose it to foreclosure, consider getting a mortgage modification, which allows you to lower your monthly loan payments. A Texas loan modification attorney can help you determine if you're eligible and guide you through the process.
Texas Mortgage Modification Basics
When a lender modifies a mortgage, they are agreeing to change some element of the loan agreement. This could include lowering the interest rate, extending the length of the loan or forgiving part of the principal, or loan balance. The end result is a lower monthly payment.
Who Should Consider a Texas Loan Modification?
You may be a good candidate for a loan modification if:
- You're ineligible to refinance your loan
- You're locked into a high interest rate
- Your home is under water, or worth less than the balance of your loan
- Your income has decreased since you took out your mortgage
- You've had a change in finances because of medical problems, unemployment, divorce or other situation beyond your control
A Texas mortgage modification attorney can help you work with your lender to obtain a loan modification. Find out more about loan modification frequently asked questions.
Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Texas Mortgage Modification Lawyer
Before hiring a Texas loan modification lawyer, you should schedule a brief meeting with the attorney to decide if he or she is the best person to represent you.
During this meeting, also known as an initial consultation, you'll want to tell the lawyer about your situation and ask the attorney some questions. Focus on topics that help you with your hiring decision. Questions to consider include:
- How long have you represented clients seeking mortgage modifications?
- Do you only do loan modification work or do you represent other types of clients, too?
- How long have you practiced law?
- If I'm unable to obtain a loan modification, will you be able to work with me on other solutions, such as a short sale or personal bankruptcy?
- How much do you charge for your services?
Find & Hire a Texas Loan Modification Attorney
If you're ready to hire Texas mortgage modification lawyers, you've come to the right website. Attorneys.com offers a free service that can quickly connect you with loan modification attorneys in your area.
Call us at 877-913-7222 or fill out the form on this page to get started. We'll ask you a couple of simple questions, then match you with a local Texas mortgage modification lawyer. You can phone the lawyer immediately, or the lawyer will call you within two business days.