Mortgage Law, Fraud & Loan Modification
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Loan Modification in North Dakota
If you've tried to refinance your home loan but were turned down as ineligible, consider getting a mortgage modification instead. If you're a North Dakota homeowner, a loan modification lawyer can review your situation, help you understand your legal options and guide you through the process of modifying your mortgage.
Questions to Ask An Attorney
Before hiring an attorney to help with your mortgage modification, schedule a preliminary consultation, also known as an initial consultation. This meeting, which may be free of charge, gives you the opportunity to interview the lawyer and decide whether to hire him or her.
Come to the meeting with a list of prepared questions you'd like the mortgage modification attorney to answer. Focus your questions on gathering information that will help with your hiring decision. Typical questions might include:
- How long have you practiced real estate law in North Dakota?
- How long have you been representing clients in need of loan modifications? Can you estimate how many clients you've represented in that time?
- If I can't get my mortgage modification approved, can you help me with other options, such as bankruptcy or a short sale of my home?
- Can you walk me through the loan modification process?
- How much do you charge for your services? Can you estimate my total legal bill including expenses?
Learn more about the basics of loan modification.
Find & Hire a Local North Dakota Mortgage Modification Lawyer
Whether you live in Bismarck, Grand Forks, Fargo or elsewhere in North Dakota, Attorneys.com can connect you with local loan modification attorneys. Call us at 877-913-7222 or fill out the form to get started. After you answer a few simple questions, our free service will quickly match you with a lawyer in your area.