Landlord and Tenant Law
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Landlord And Tenant Law
When you rent an apartment or other dwelling from a landlord, you are entering into a legal contract with them. This contract is known as a lease, and it is designed to protect the landlord's interests - as well as your own. Whether you are a renter and need help with problems concerning a security deposit or other details, or if you're a landlord who needs direction concerning a tenant who is breaking a lease, the best course of action is to bring a skilled attorney to your side. From evictions to general housing concerns, an attorney who is experienced with landlord and tenant law can be tremendously helpful.
Tips For Tenants
- Filling out a rental application should not obligate you to a landlord, although they may charge a fee to process such an application.
- Breaking a lease could result in penalties and fees, but you are technically allowed to do it. Read through the language of your lease to find out what your specific penalties will be.
- Before signing a lease, have a lawyer look it over carefully on your behalf. All too often, landlords may include language in their leases that jeopardize the rights of their tenants.
Tips For Landlords
- Be sure to include clear language in the body of a lease concerning whether or not a tenant may sublet their apartment. Ask an attorney to look over your lease agreement to ensure that all of your bases are covered.
- Educate yourself about the law concerning evictions in your individual state. Make sure that any evictions you engage in are completely legal.
- Track down a lawyer who specializes in landlord and tenant law; keep him on file in case you require his services. This will simplify your life considerably, and will help protect you as well.
Find a Local Landlord and Tenant Law Attorney
- All Washington Workers Compensation Articles
- All Virginia Workers Compensation Articles
- All Tennessee Workers Compensation Articles
- The Basics of Tennessee Workers' Compensation Law
- All Texas Workers Compensation Articles
- How to Hire a Philadelphia Workers' Compensation Attorney
- All Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Articles
- All Oregon Workers Compensation Articles