Labor & Employment in Wyoming
You need to stand up for your rights in the workplace. Sometimes it's simply a matter of speaking up. Other times you may need the help of a Wyoming labor and employment law attorney to help ensure that you're treated fairly on the job.
Common Labor & Employment Issues in Wyoming
Thousands of federal and Wyoming labor and employment laws govern the workplace. These cover everything from child labor to compensation. You should consider hiring an attorney if you encounter any of these issues in the course of your employment:
- If you're asked to sign a job-related legal contract, such as an employment contract, compensation agreement, severance agreement or non-compete agreement
- If you think you're being illegally undercompensated by being paid less than the Wyoming minimum wage, not being paid for all of the hours you work or being denied overtime
- If you think your workplace is unsafe, or if your employer is failing to take appropriate safety precautions to save time or money
- If you've been denied unemployment compensation or if you think you've been wrongfully terminated from your job
- If you've been injured at work and need to file a workers' compensation claim
- If you've been the victim of sexual harassment or discrimination on the job
Find & Hire Local Wyoming Employment Law Attorneys
In many instances, there is a very specific process for resolving job-related legal problems. It's seldom as simple as filing a lawsuit. A local labor and employment lawyer can explain your legal rights and your employer's legal obligations, and guide you through the process of solving your employment law issue.
Whether you live in Casper, Cheyenne or elsewhere in Wyoming, Attorneys.com can connect you with local labor law attorneys in your area. To use our free, no-obligation service, call us at 877-913-7222 or complete the form on this page.