Labor And Employment
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Labor & Employment in Wisconsin
During your career, you'll probably have at least a few instances where you and your employer don't see eye to eye. Maybe negotiating a new job contract and want to ensure you get a fair deal. Or maybe there are serious safety issues in your workplace and your boss refuses to address them. It's situations like these where a Wisconsin labor and employment law attorney can be your best aide and ally. Your attorney can help you resolve the issue while attempting, if necessary, to preserve your relationship with your employer.
When to Hire a Wisconsin Labor & Employment Attorney
There are countless work-related situations where you'll want to hire a Wisconsin labor and employment lawyer. Some of the more common include:
- If you're negotiating a contract or agreement (such as a compensation agreement, non-compete agreement or severance agreement) with your employer
- You've been terminated and your Wisconsin unemployment compensation claim has been denied
- Your workplace is unsafe or you've been hurt on the job and need assistance with a workers' compensation claim
- You're not receiving the overtime you deserve or aren't being paid for all of the hours you work
- Your request for medical leave has been denied
- You think you've the victim of workplace discrimination, harassment or bullying
Questions to Ask When Hiring a Wisconsin Employment Lawyer
Before hiring an employment attorney, you should take the time to ask some pointed questions and ensure that the lawyer is the right person to handle your matter. Many Wisconsin labor and employment attorneys do not charge for this interview (usually called an initial consultation).
Come to the meeting with a prepared list of questions you'd like to ask the attorney, paying particular attention to details that affect your hiring decision. Sample questions to consider include:
- How long have you practiced labor and employment law in Wisconsin?
- Do you focus your practice on a specific area of employment law?
- Do you only represent employees or do you also represent employers?
- How would you describe your philosophy or approach to practicing law?
- Are you the only lawyer who would be working on my matter? Can you tell me about any other attorneys who would be involved?
- How much do you charge for your services? Can you estimate my total legal bill, including expenses?
Find out additional frequently asked questions about labor and employment on attorneys.com.
Find & Hire a Wisconsin Labor Lawyer
If you're grappling with a tough job-related problem, now is the time to hire a Wisconsin labor law attorney. The sooner you address the issue, the sooner it will be resolved.
Do you need help finding a Wisconsin employment law lawyer? Attorney.com can help you. Our free service can connect you with Wisconsin labor and employment lawyers in your area. To get started, call us at 877-913-7222 or fill out the form on this page. We'll ask you a few easy questions, then match you with an attorney in your area, often within one business day.