Labor & Employment in West Virginia
Your employer asks you to sign a job-related legal document. You were laid off and need to appeal a claim to the West Virginia Unemployment Compensation Division. You think you're being treated unfairly at work. There are many kinds of legal issues and problems that can arise during your career. Don't try to solve them yourself. Instead, hire a labor and employment law attorney to help you resolve the issue.
Labor & Employment Problems
Among the more common labor and employment issues you're likely to face:
- Compensation: Including issues related to minimum wage, overtime, and exempt vs. non-exempt employees
- Health & safety: Including issues related to workers' compensation claims and workplace safety
- Job termination: Including issues related to wrongful termination, severance agreements and unemployment compensation
- Medical issues: Including issues related to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Family and Medical Leave Act
- Your rights in the workplace: Including issues related to sexual harassment, bullying and discrimination
- Job-related contracts: Including contracts and agreements related to a new job, a promotion, relocation, severance and non-competes
Find & Hire a Local West Virginia Employment Law Attorney
A local labor law attorney can guide you through the process for resolving job problems. To find an attorney in your area, call Attorneys.com at 877-913-7222 or complete the form on this page. Our free, no-obligation service can quickly connect you with labor and employment lawyers in Charleston, Huntington and elsewhere in West Virginia.