Labor And Employment
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Labor & Employment in Washington
When legal problems crop up at work, you shouldn't try to resolve them on your own. A Washington State labor and employment lawyer can help you reach a resolution while also trying to preserve your relationship with your employer.
Common Labor & Employment Issues in Washington State
There are thousands of federal and state labor and employment laws that govern the workplace. These regulations cover everything from compensation to hiring practices, from worker safety to whistleblowing. The average worker can't be expected to know and understand all of these laws, which is why a Washington State labor and employment lawyer can offer invaluable assistance.
The more common legal problems and situations you're likely to encounter in the workplace include:
- Compensation issues, including salary negotiations, as well as questions related to whether you're entitled to overtime, an hourly wage and minimum wage
- Issues related to the hiring, promotion and termination process, including job contract and relocation agreement negotiations, as well as problems related to job discrimination and denied unemployment compensation claims
- Worker safety issues, including addressing potential hazards in the workplace, dealing with workplace bullying and the handling of workers' compensation claims if you're injured on the job
- Health and disability issues, including requests for leave under the Family Medical Leave Act as well as requests for accommodations under the Americans With Disabilities Act
Questions to Ask When Hiring a Washington State Employment Lawyer
As part of the process of hiring a Washington State labor law attorney, you'll want to briefly interview the lawyer to decide if he or she is the right person to help solve your legal issue. This meeting is usually called an initial consultation, and gives you a chance to learn more about the attorney's background, experience and fees.
Come to the meeting with a list of questions you'd like the attorney to answer. Focus on topics that will help you make a hiring decision. Typical questions to ask include:
- How much of your practice is devoted to labor and employment law?
- Do you focus on any particular sub-specialties of employment law?
- Do you only represent employees or do you also represent employers?
- Have you previously represented clients with issues similar to mine?
- What are my legal options?
- How much do you charge for your services? Can you give me an estimate of my total legal fees?
Find & Hire a Washington Labor & Employment Attorney
You shouldn't try to solve workplace legal problems on your own. Instead, get the help of a Washington labor and employment lawyer.
If you need assistance finding an attorney to handle your case, then you've come to the right website. Attorneys.com offers a free service that can connect you with Washington employment attorneys in your area. To get started, complete the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222. We'll quickly put you in touch with a local attorney who can help address your job-related legal problems.