Labor & Employment in Oklahoma
Trying to resolve a work-related legal issue can be tricky. If you're negotiating an employment contract, for example, you want to get the best deal possible, but you also want your new employer to be happy with their hiring decision. If you think your company broke a federal or Oklahoma labor law, you may want to stand up for your rights while keeping your job. A labor and employment lawyer can help you walk this tightrope, resolving issues while also working to help you keep your job.
Questions to Ask When Hiring Employment Lawyers
Before hiring a labor attorney, schedule a get-to-know-you meeting, often known as a preliminary consultation. You want to ensure that the lawyer you hire is right for the job, and the preliminary consultation is your chance to do that.
The keys to a successful meeting: Ask a lot of questions and listen carefully to the lawyer's answers. Focus the conversation on topics that will help with your hiring decision. Typical questions might include:
- How long have you practiced labor and employment law in Oklahoma? Do you only represent employees or do you also represent employers?
- Do you only practice employment law or do you do other types of legal work, too?
- Does your practice focus on a particular aspect of employment law, such as workplace safety or sexual harassment?
- What are my legal options? If I hire you, how would you suggest resolving my issue?
- Have you represented other clients facing issues similar to mine? What was the outcome?
- How much do you charge for your services? Can you estimate my total legal bill?
Find out more information at the Oklahoma Bar Association site.
Find & Hire Local Oklahoma Labor & Employment Attorneys
Whether you live in Oklahoma City, Tulsa or elsewhere in the state, Attorneys.com can help you connect with labor lawyers in your area. To use our free service, call us at 877-913-7222 or fill out the form on this page. We'll quickly connect you with local employment attorneys.