Labor & Employment in North Dakota
It can be tough to negotiate a job-related contract with your employer or attempt to solve a job-related conflict with your supervisor. In many instances, you'll want to stand up for your rights while also staying in the good graces of your employer. If you're dealing with a tough work problem, talk to a labor and employment attorney who's well-versed in federal and North Dakota labor laws. A lawyer can help resolve the issue.
Do I Need to Hire an Employment Attorney in North Dakota?
There are a number of situations in which you'll want to hire a labor and employment lawyer. These include:
- When you're negotiating a contract for a new job or an agreement related to compensation, severance pay or relocation expenses
- If your employer is paying you less than North Dakota minimum wage, you think you're entitled to overtime or you're not receiving compensation for all of the hours you work
- If you've been injured on the job or diagnosed with an occupational illness and need to file for North Dakota workers' compensation insurance
- If you think you're the victim of sexual harassment or discrimination on the job
- If you've been wrongfully terminated from your job or if your claim for North Dakota unemployment compensation has been denied
- If you're disabled and your request for a workplace accommodation under the Americans With Disabilities Act has been denied
Find & Hire Local North Dakota Labor & Employment Lawyers
Do you need help locating a labor lawyer in Fargo, Bismarck or elsewhere in North Dakota? Attorneys.com can help you. Call us at 877-913-7222 or complete the form on this page to use our our free, no-obligation service, which can quickly match you with local employment attorneys.