Labor And Employment
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Labor & Employment in North Carolina
If you're experiencing a job-related problem or you're negotiating a contract with your employer, then a North Carolina labor and employment attorney may be your strongest ally and greatest asset. Your lawyer can explain your legal options, help you navigate the maze of federal and North Carolina employment laws and guide you to a solution.
When Should You Hire a North Carolina Employment Attorney?
In the course of your career, there are countless instances when you may need to hire a North Carolina labor and employment lawyer. Among the labor and employment issues that workers most commonly encounter:
- Compensation-related issues, including pay negotiations with your potential or existing employer, as well as disputes related to wages, overtime and unemployment compensation
- Health and safety issues, including unsafe working conditions, workplace violence and workers’ compensation
- Harassment in the workplace and/or discrimination in the hiring, promotion and retention process
- Accommodation issues related to the Americans With Disabilities Act and leave policies under the Family Medical Leave Act
Questions to Ask When Hiring a North Carolina Labor & Employment Attorney
There are many sub-specialities within the labor and employment law arena, so you'll want to interview a North Carolina employment lawyer to ensure he or she has the right expertise to handle your problem or issue. This interview can be conducted during the initial consultation, which is a brief get-to-know-you meeting before you've formally agreed to hire a lawyer.
Do some advance preparation before your initial consultation. You'll want to make copies of any relevant documents and bring those to the meeting. You'll also want to create a list of questions you'd like to ask during the meeting. Focus on topics that will help you with your hiring decision. Typical questions might include:
- What types of employment law do you practice?
- Do you only work in the employment law arena or do you do other types of legal work, too?
- Do you only represent employees or do you also have clients that are employers?
- How frequently do you represent clients with problems similar to mine?
- How much do you charge for your services? Can you estimate my total legal bill, including expenses?
Additionally, you may want to find out where you can get additional help for labor and employment issues.
Find & Hire a North Carolina Employment Lawyer
If you need to hire North Carolina employment attorneys but don't know where to start, you've come to the right website. Attorneys.com offers a free legal referral service that can quickly connect you with a labor and employment lawyer in your area. Call us at 877-913-7222 or fill out the form on this page to get started. After you answer a few simple questions, we'll use the information provided to match you with a local North Carolina lawyer and employment attorney.